[ issues | web extra | stats | nhl archive | home | chat | mailing list | about us | search | comments ]
Stanley Cup Odds
Free LCS 1997-98
Reader Hockey Pool
by LCS Hockey
Sweden is known for lots of things, including its fine cuisine. We searched the net and found some traditional Swedish recipes and gave them that subtle LCS Hockey touch.
* 1 pound ground beef
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into small meatballs and arrange on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes about 40 swell meatballs. But you'll only be able to eat a few before passing out. That Night Train is a mean wine.
Sillsallad - Swedish Herring Salad
* 1 can (400-500 grams) pickled sliced beets
1. Drain the liquid from the pickled sliced beets, reserving the liquid.
2. Drain the liquid from 3/4 cup (or one jar, 6-8 oz. size) marinated, snack tidbits or wine-flavored herring filet pieces.
3. Cut (into 1/4-inch cubes) the beets, herring, one medium sized tart apple (peeled), and potatoes (boiled and peeled, hot or cold) and mix them all together, while pouring in the Night Train.
4. Blend in 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickle, one small (finely chopped) onion and the reserved beet liquid.
5. Put into a serving bowl or pack into a 4-cup mold. Cover and chill, at least over night or for as long as two days.
This is good stuff. But you won't be able to eat much before you pass out. That Night Train is a mean wine.
Hasselbackspotatis - Hasselback Potatoes
* 12 medium-sized potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the peeled potatoes in a wooden spoon and make vertical slices, 2-3 mm apart, about 3/4 of the way through the potatoes. The wooden spoon will protect the final 1/4 of the potatoes.
3. With the cut-side up, place the potatoes in a buttered baking dish.
4. Open bottle of Night Train and pour most of it over the potatoes, then sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, now and then basting the potatoes with the rest of the Night Train.
6. After 30 minutes, sprinkle with bread crumbs and, if desired, grated cheese.
7. Continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
Damn, these potatoes are tasty. But you won't be able to eat too many before passing out. That Night Train is a mean wine.
Våfflor - Waffles
* 1 bottle Night Train (cold)
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the 325 ml of flour, 250 ml of the Night Train and the salt until you have a smooth mixture.
2. Whip the cream until it is firm and mix it carefully with the water-flour mixture.
3. Preheat a waffle iron (yes, unfortunately you do need a special iron; we have not been able to find a good substitute) and grease it lightly.
4. Pour 100 ml of the batter onto the waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden (approximately 2 minutes).
Serve immediately together with whipped cream and a suitable fruit or berry jam. Some even like to sweeten the waffles with some granulated sugar. Although you wouldn't be able to eat too many before you pass out. That Night Train is a mean wine.
Glögg - Spicy Hot Red Wine
* one bottle of Night Train
1. Crush the cardamom and cinnamon, put all spices in a covered glass jar, add the vodka. Let stand for 24 hours.
2. Sieve the vodka, discard the spices.
4. Mix the Night Train and the spicy vodka in a pan, add vanilla and sugar.
5. Heat covered for a few minutes, but do not under any circumstances let the mixture boil.
Serve sizzling hot. But you'll still eventually pass out. That Night Train is a mean wine.
1998 © Copyright LCS Hockey All Rights Reserved